one thing that helps me get through this looming cold front is setting aside time for crafting. painting, jewelry, buttons, trivets and now coasters, my tastes run the gamut. i’ve realized actually that once i get started talking about crafts i sound about a kitten away from nutty cat-lady status, but there’s really little i love more than a productive crafternoon. let’s get started!
‘tis almost the season, and the holidays are a perfect excuse for breaking out a classic project from childhood with a practical twist: fuse bead coasters! don’t all your friends need coasters for their holiday entertaining? fun, cheap and personal, this project comes from the amazing minds over at opening ceremony. they picked up bead sets at ikea but i went with the glow-in-the-dark option (i mean, obviously), available here.
1. fill the plastic template with beads, placing them one at a time.
2. carefully move the template filled with beads to an ironing board or towel.
3. place a piece of parchment paper on top (included in kit).
4. iron on high heat until the beads start to melt.
5. let the beads cool and then peel off…
hours of entertainment and, if you can part with them, a home-made gifting option all in one. happy crafting!